11/73 (ba23) bringup after 12 years in deplorable storage conditions

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:09:28 CST 2014

  OK, decided to let the machine acclimate from 25 F to inside-house temps
overnight.  The thing's still all together - RD54, TK50 with a tape in it
(!), Ethernet, DZ interfaces and TK25 interface plugs on rear.

  Guess I'll be conservative, empty out the backplane and do the careful
powerup first.  So where would I put the resistors?  I still have my
wirewrap tool somewhere around here. Could try to figure out what pin is
the 5v rail and tie in a resistor on there, I guess.  But I'd rather not
tear the thing apart *quite* so much if I could avoid it.  Is there a way
to check ripple w/o a scope?  (don't have one)

thx
jake