HP2100A luser questions

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Nov 21 00:40:13 CST 2014

>> With the configuration I have (assume I can get 32K words of core, and have the I/O cards
>> I listed) what can I run on it?
>
> Aside from blinkenlight programs, in the not-to-distant future there should be a stand-alone version of HP BASIC available. A friend and I are working on assembling it from source. (There are probably old binaries out there somewhere but I haven't obtained one).

I have the binary tape image for HP BASIC somewhere other than in the
core of my HP2116.  The source is up on bitsavers scanned (and OCR'd)
from a listing that I have had since 1971.

A bunch of tape images for HP stuff is up on bitsavers
(http://bitsavers.org/bits/HP/HP_1000_software_collection).  I also came
into a fair number of HP paper tapes but I haven't yet had the time to
check them against what's on bitsavers to see if I have anything that
isn't already there.

TTFN - Guy