SMD replacement options?

Jon jlo at ludd.ltu.se
Thu Nov 27 16:10:43 CST 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:
> There was also the Reactive / ARRAID AEM-1 SMD Drive Emulation System.
>
> http://www.reactivedata.com/Products/Legacy_Disk_and_Tape_Emulators/Disk_Drive_Emulation_Systems/AEM-1/index.php
>
> No idea if you could actually find one of those. There are a couple of
> the AEM-5C Diablo emulators on eBay. Only asking in the neighborhood
> of $1500 for those.

I picked up an Arraid AEM-1 system from work earlier this year when
they were junking them, and I plan on using it with a Xylogics 450
card, when (if...) I can get my Sun 2/120 restored. I don't know yet
if it'll work, but I'm pretty hopeful because it seems very
configurable and capable of emulating different drives. Uses a 50-pin
SCSI drive; maybe pluck a SCSI-emulator card in there and get an
SSD-drive, hehehe!