36bit still in use ?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Fri Nov 28 09:41:56 CST 2014

Someone in here (sorry forgot attribution) was just mentioning on another
thread maybe a week or two ago, that the guts of the TOAD-1 product live on
as the CPU of the WDM devices that XKL now produces.

But I never considered trying to find a firmware image and verify it!!

So it's true! Cool. I suppose if you spent all that time engineering that
CPU implementation, you'd want to amortize that effort as much as
possible... Sometimes very interesting things live behind the curtains in
the "embedded" space!

Best,

Sean