Whitechapel Computer Works MG-1

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Nov 30 19:46:24 CST 2014

On 11/30/14 4:54 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
> On 11/30/2014 05:29 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>> The 16032 with graphics instructions addition (Bitblt) as the 32CG16 found
>> some use in laser printers, also--Canon and Panasonic used it on some of
>> their models.
>
> One of these days, I think I'd quite like to find one of the FPUs; I've got a few Acorn boards which use the 32016, but I've only ever seen one out in the wild with the floating point unit fitted -

Probably the easiest ways to find one is find an old HP9000/200 floating point board. There is one on there
or take your chances on a part from Hong Kong

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-NS32081D-10-DIP-Arithmetic-Processor-/271552360743

Note the pic is an 8MHz part, not 10.

National released 4.1BSD for it. Opus Systems had it running on their PC coprocessor card.