Opening a DECserver 90M External PSU

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 13:24:21 CDT 2015

> As far as I recall, there are no clips - it is glued all the way around.

Brilliant. Do I _HATE_ things that are deliberately hard to repair

> It failed again some time later and I haven't had the enthusiasm to break it
> open again since.

In many case it's possible to modify the design so that it is held together with
screws. If you do this, make sure there's no way the new screws could become live if something
comes loose inside (perhaps use nylon screws, or thead them into plastic rods joining the
2 parts of the case). It makes future repairs a lot easier.

-tony