DEC scanned documents for Bitsavers (message for Al Kossow)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Apr 25 02:45:56 CDT 2015

Am 24.04.15 um 17:00 schrieb js at cimmeri.com:
> My screen resolution is 90dpi.  Anything over that is pure waste.
A 90 dpi screen is no longer acceptable to me. I type this on a 15"
hi-dpi screen ("Retina Display" ...) with 220 dpi. This is barely enough
to no longer see pixels and get sharp font characters. If I have to use
a 90 dpi to 110 dpi screen I always need to scale up PDFs to about twice
the original size to make them readable. The measure is pixels per
character and at 90 dpi this is _way_ to low to be well readable at 1:1.

Text is scanned at 600 dpi b/w best. Makes it easy to read an reprint on
laser printers. There is still the option to scan individual pages in
greyscale, if there are drawings etc..
--

tschüß,
       Jochen