Obsolete computer discs, etc.

Bob Rickard bob at warriston.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 09:40:40 CDT 2015

Second time of sending.  A response, please.

While turning out my attic I unearthed obsolete *discs for a 1980s
Amstrad computer *which has long been disposed of.  One disc is, as far
as I know, in mint condition but a further twelve contain programmes.
Another six discs contain long forgotten person data which I can't
access.  I am intrigued to know what they contain.  Also in my searches
I have found a *Microsoft Works manual* complete with system discs, and
an *Amstrad user's manual*.  Also about a*dozen 5" discs* containing
stock records of warehouse long demolished. Again, I am curious to see
what I recorded 30 years ago.

I am reluctant to consign these items to the dustbin if a) the discs can
be deciphered, and b) they are are of use to someone else.  Your
organisation has been suggested as a possible home for at least some of
these items.  Are they of interest?  If not, do you know any
organisation that might be?

R.J. Rickard.
Edinburgh.