Where's a good place to list stuff?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Thu Apr 30 10:07:16 CDT 2015

Hi Robert,

Those old HP protocol analyzers are useful little buggers ... my tip is go
and get the newest all-in-one unit that they produced; this is the 4957A,
and if you hit eBay at the right time ... you should have no problem
finding one for $25 or so. I didn't pay much more for mine in perfect
working condition. Serves many purposes including mini-terminal, serial
data generator, "smart breakout box" and so on...

http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=1124

... and all for basically the same price as you'd pay for a "dumb" little
RS-232 shunt/break-out box "new".

You will see tons of the older protocol analyzers around at around the same
price ... doesn't make a lot of sense to me ... might as well get the most
modern you can, for the dollar ... they are very common; you shouldn't have
too much trouble finding a good deal on one ... It's been a nice addition
to my lab... everyone who sees it, suddenly wants one :O

Best,

Sean

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Robert Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com