Unusual stuff inside computers

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 13:57:14 CDT 2015

> Turning this discussion on its head, I wonder if I'm the only one to
> stash manuals and setup CDs in the cases of my systems.  Has anyone ever
> picked up an old system and found system documentation inside?

Some years back I rescued the logic box and keyboard of an IBM ASCII (!) terminal.
The quick-reference guide was (correctly) stored in a little drawer on the logic box. But
even better, upon removing the top cover of said logic unit I found an offiical
label giving the pinouts of all the connectors in the system. Not only did this give
me the power connections (the power supply was in the monitor which I didn't get) but
also the pinout of the option cartridge connector giving the processor address and data
buses. Very handy...

-tony