This Hobby Is Actually Useful!

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Mon Aug 3 10:35:23 CDT 2015

When it comes to soldering, I usually recommend Hakko or Pace irons; I have
a Hakko 936 and it's a great "all-rounder". The FX-888D seems to be their
recommended replacement for the 936 so I guess I will endorse that, if they
are making the new models as well as they built the old ones (although IMO
they look a little silly now) ... I paid less than $100 USD for my 936
brand new and I think I just got it from some random eBay vendor, maybe you
can find them there, even in the Commonwealth?

Best,

Sean