Booting an IBM MP 3000 S/390 System

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Aug 6 04:49:36 CDT 2015

the P/390 / R/390 systems are the smallest, but they don't support a lot
of systems features, such as LPARS and the like that you need to be a
full S/390 system.

Also the card doesn't fully support z/OS.  Redbook on page 17 says,
"Don't call us because it looks like it runs z/OS".

The MP3000 does support LPAR and Sysplex.

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246204.pdf