SCSI Tape to TAP utility

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 15:25:45 CDT 2015

On the Honeywell we had a Tape Management System that managed the tapes.  All the tapes were filed by tape number, and the system knew which file was on which tape. It would tell the operators which tape number to mount. It would also manage the scratch pool of expired tapes and tell them which tapes to have ready for new outputs. It also managed off site storage. We trusted it and never removed a write ring. If you mounted a tape with current data the system read the label and dis-mounted the tape....

Dave Wade