Adding a Hard Drive to an Original IBM PC Using a Raspberry Pi

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Aug 10 11:58:11 CDT 2015

On Aug 10, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> But, why give up an entire ISA slot just to hold a DB25 and a DA15 connector?   You coulda made up a Compact Flash or SD card pseudo hard-drive that ALSO has a DE9 and DA15 connector on its bracket.

I have plans to make a bracketless XTIDE card that has a 2mm notebook drive header on it so I can use an SD card to notebook adapter I have. It’ll fit in the unused slot and let the AST SixPakPlus continue to hang the parallel and game port off the bracket in the back. Of course laying out a PCB to do that is a lot more work than just using a serial connection and I don’t know when I’ll find time to get the card designed. :-)

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com