Writing 8" floppies with SuperCard Pro

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Wed Aug 12 10:13:36 CDT 2015

I forgot to mention one item.  Since I had VERY few Double Sided
media with the index hole offset that extra 1/2" from the Single Sided
index hole - and I have many RX02 compatible floppy media which
are Single Sided with the index hole in the wrong place for being a
Double Sided media - I added a DPDT switch to the sense circuit
of the DSD 880/30 drive.  In the normal position, the Single Sided
floppy media are detected as Single Sided floppy media.  In the
opposite position, a Single Sided floppy media is detected as Double
Sided and the DSD 880/30 is then able to read / write both sides
of the floppy media.  Since the DSD 880/30 is also able to perform
a LLF (Low Level Format), I am able to use all of the RX02 media
as Double Sided WITHOUT the inconvenience of having to punch
the extra index hole.