Wang PC260 memory fault

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 09:40:42 CDT 2015

If you can write your own code, usually a simple write and read
sequence will find a dead RAM. Just write 0xFF to a location
and expect to read it back and then 0 and read it back.
You write it so that it will stop at the bad RAM location and
continually loop that location.
Probing with a scope on the chip enables will usually find the
byte that is failing. Then just look at the data pins to see which
chip does not match the others.
It helps to have a two channel scope so one can trigger on the
enable while the other looks at the data.
This is not a high quality manufacture type test but most RAMs
fail completely, making such a test useful.
Dwight