More on manuals plus rescue

Marc Verdiell marc.verdiell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:54:57 CDT 2015

On 2015-Aug-19, at 3:58 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
> . . .
> In fact, due to your time constraints, I would not bother with the HP,
> Tek, or Heathkit manuals at all
> . . .

Gosh, please don't do that! What a terrible piece of advice. A large portion
of the HP manuals are unavailable, and HP doesn't have them either. I have
been looking for the operating and service manual for the HP 12050A (HPIB
fiber optics extension) in vain. Couldn't find the one for the HP 7225B
(gantry XY Pen Plotter) online, but found a hard copy version on ebay.
Couldn't find any doc on the personality interface on it. On the computing
side, many of the interface cards for my HP 1000 are undocumented or missing
critical documents. Often a user manual is available, but not the service
one. Sometimes you find the A, but not the B and they are significantly
different. Etc, etc... And I am not talking obscure instruments at all.