De-yellowing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Aug 22 14:37:47 CDT 2015

On 08/22/2015 12:11 PM, Terry Stewart wrote:

> In my experience deyellowing is only temporary
> http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2013-01-15-retr0bright-only-temporary.htm
>
>  It does make the cases look good for a while though. (:

I can believe that the effect is only temporary--the action simply
cannot go any deeper than a few microns.  All of which goes to show that
if you want a more permanent color, there's always paint.  I have
equipment that's made from high-density polyurethane foam (no special
dies or forms needed for injection molding) finished with a coat of
paint that's more than 30 years old.  It looks as good as the day it was
delivered.

--Chuck