Indianapolis: More classic computing equipment than I can shake a stick at.

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Aug 23 17:32:19 CDT 2015

> On Aug 23, 2015, at 13:52, Maxx Wood <maxxtw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Amiga 2000HD (boots, but I don't have a keyboard or mouse, and the floppy drives continuously seek)

If you're referring to a 1-track click each second, then that's normal for an Amiga. It's part of the disk change detection routine. There were lots of "noclick" utilities that patched the code to seek in one direction rather than back and forth, so that the clicking would stop once the heads reached the track 0 sensor.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/