De-yellowing

Joe Giliberti starbase89 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:47:17 CDT 2015

I've successfully "retrobrited" old TV safety screens and a few NES
console. What I used was 12% hydrogen peroxide from the beauty supply shop,
along with sodium percarbonate, glycerin to keep it wet and xanthan gum to
stabilize it to a paint on gel. Then all you do is paint it on, cover it
with Saran Wrap and put it out in the sun.
One of the TVs I did, I still have it and the yellow didn't return. I don't
know about the NESs because I flip them

Fun chemistry!