9-Track 1/2" Tape Drive Recommendations?

steve shumaker shumaker at att.net
Mon Aug 24 21:06:32 CDT 2015

On 8/24/2015 6:43 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 08/24/2015 05:31 PM, steve shumaker wrote:
>
>> Actually, with a little digging on DTIC I found another reference
>> 9actaully several - the full manual is there -  and ended up on NTIS
>>  which shows it *still* available although when you click the link
>> the product number gives an error and suggests you contact customer
>> service:.....     Al?
>>

>> https://ntrl.ntis.gov/NTRL/dashboard/searchResults.xhtml?searchQuery=ADA024912
>>

> Thanks for that--I ran into that one too.
>
> Considering that it's listed as a 9 track tape, how likely do you
> think that the good souls at NTIS even know what the heck that
> is--much less being able to provide it?
>
> --Chuck

No clue - but I've found some seriously old stuff lurking there in the
past.  If anyone would know tape it ought to be these folks.  The fact
that it's still in the catalog is encouraging.  Perhaps they archived it
to different media and didn't update the link -  certainly worth an
inquiry.     Did your DTIC search catch  the user manual?

Steve