IBM 1620

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:50:53 CDT 2015

Many 1620's were leased and IBM recovered them at the end of the lease.
There is a note somewhere I have seen about the one at Lancaster University
have a disk drive replaced and then returned to IBM within weeks...
.. on the other had I know the one at Newcastle Polytechnic hung around for
at least a year. I wonder what happened to the one at Constantine College
(later Teeside Polytechnic, and now Teesside University) which ran my first
Fortran Program...

Dave

Jaeger