De-yellowing results

Geoffrey Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:36:09 CDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan at snarc.net> wrote:

> Ah! That explains my lack of results. I soaked the keys for five or six
> hours. They got clean, but didn't change color very much. Sounds like I
> pulled them out too soon. Several days, you say?
>
> The keys float (as noted in T's link), so I just turned them upside-down
> in the peroxide.

Yes, in my case I did it in a mostly dark room with a small UV light (that
I use for erasing EEPROMS), so it didn't get a full sun treatment, but it
did take the better part of a week. And, as you say, I had problems with
keys constantly wanting to float away. I figure next time I try it I may
get some silly putty to put in the underside to weigh them down or
something.