Future Computers FX31

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 11:29:32 CDT 2015

Anyone know anything about this system? Someone on a vintage computer group
on Facebook has one (missing its keyboard[1]), and having seen some photos,
although it seems to be mostly a generic PC-compatible with 8-bit ISA, it's
notable for having a "video in" connector on the back, as well as LAN
in/out ports (proprietary? presumably some kind of ring network though)

Surprisingly, Google's coughing up nothing of any use. I'm guessing someone
tried making a PC-compatible with a few built-in extras as a selling point
(not that uncommon back then), and of course it didn't work out.

[1] Although the keyboard socket is something oddball, I see four wires
leading back to the motherboard and an 8042 near to where the keyboard
connects, so there's a possibility that it can be wired to a standard AT
(or possibly XT) keyboard - although of course maybe the scan codes or even
the protocol are completely different, and the owner has themselves a nice
boat anchor...

cheers

Jules