Sales of unearthed Atari games total more than $100,000

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 20:09:21 CDT 2015

And speaking as one who played the game "back in the day", it +is+ as awful
as claimed. The gameplay draws essentially nothing from the film's story,
save a few obvious must-have elemetns such as a telephone and Reese's
Pieces (which look like single-pixel glitches). The player, playing as
E.T., is tasked with assembling parts of a "space-phone" - and the primary
obstacle in his path is...

THE TERRAIN

Yes, the terrain. The gameworld is full of pitfall, some visible, some not
quite so. When E.T. falls into a pit, which he does about every five
seconds, he must escape by performing this ridiculous "levitation boogie"
that consists of nothing more than a series of rapidfire L-R-L-R joystick
moves. Then it's onto the next pit.. and the next.. and the next.. again,
reminiscent of Superman 64 with it's endless "ride stages" of flying
rings.

Some amusement potential for kids under eight. Otherwise, frustrating,
boring and downright depressing piece of work.