Advice about repairing an IBM 5151

Vlad Stamate vlad.stamate at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:18:39 CDT 2015

Hi,

I traced the 18Khz signal all the way from the moment it enters the
logic board until the video board (attached to the neck of the CRT).
The signal is there (it has different shapes but it is 18KHz). The
output of both transistors is 18KHz and so is the output of the
transformer. I traced it across resistors and capacitors as well. The
voltage (Vpp) does change as expected but the signal is present. Pin 6
and 7 have the 18KHz signal too on the CRT connector. However they
only measure 7 and 10V respectively.

Regards,
Vlad.