TU-58

rod rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 3 19:47:16 CST 2015

Hi Tony
            Thats interesting I had thought about a model makers lathe.
I have a pillar drill and  the usual set of tools.

I did start out as a mechanical engineer and  my
top subjects at school were metalwork and technical drawing.
My metalwork master put me in for those subjects in GCE a
year early ie 15 instead of 16.

I duly passed and come September and the first metalwork
class and I'm already to go.

The teacher pounces on me an asks me where the hell do I think I'm going.
You passed didn't you? Yes says I.  So I got excused  school one
afternoon a week.
Shucks.. My favorite lessons and I couldn't go!!!

I only changed to electronics for reasons beyond my control.

It looks like a visit to Machine Mart may be coming up.