TU-58 (TU-10)

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Fri Dec 4 12:27:59 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:31:42PM -0600, Paul Anderson wrote:

> Any one have ideas for a TU10 or other tape drive capstans?

I went with http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/. Since the TU10 just wraps the
tape around the capstan it needs to be pretty high friction. The material
used was a little marginal so after it aged some I had had to put some rubber
renew on to increase the friction.

I did use various tubing for card reader repair and found the standard
stuff wall thickness isn't uniform around the circumference. The TU10
covering is also very thin.  I would think you would have to grind it down
to get it uniform and proper thickness.

My TU10 repair.
http://www.pdp8online.com/tu10/tu10-repair.shtml