11/73 into 11/03 chassis?

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 10 13:44:28 CST 2015

Having spent many hours fixing my own H7864, and finally succeeding, I am interested to know what kind of failure you had. Filter caps often go on these, are easily replaceable and don't stop it working. The recent fault I am referring to was a failure of the main switching transistor on the primary side, leading to total deadness, but replacing two parts brought it back to life.

Regards

Rob