Diablo 3000 schematics wanted

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 14:42:17 CST 2015

> > This is a 1980s all-in-one business desktop computer with 2 internal
> > 8" drives. Based on an 8085 CPU.
>
> Actually, a 70s micro--I used to work with the guys who did a lot of the

Right. I was going by the date codes on the ICs, etc. Makes sense it
could be earlier.

They should have come across SMPSUs by then, though ;-). The 5V
linear regulator has 7 TIP3055 transistors in parallel (with equalising
resistors) and another TIP3055 to drive them. Based on the voltages
around there it is only about 30% efficient.

>From what I can see the logic looks fairly standard (apart from the
disk controller...) so figuring it out, at least the bit I think I need to
figure out, will not take too long.

-tony