Ferroresonant transformers and 3278

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:03:47 CST 2015

If you can get a rotary one, those are really nice - just wasteful and
loud. With proper maintenance they last forever, can take a beating,
and do not give waveshape issues that cheap solid state units can
have. And, maybe most importantly, you can make one yourself.

But considering the mix of 50 and 60 Hz stuff you likely have by now
(that is what you get for moving!), spending some decent money on a
real VFD might be worth it. I might think a cheap VFD may give
ferroresonant iron fits with all those extra harmonics.

--
Will