Looking for 3COM 3C905-TX Drivers

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 27 14:33:33 CST 2015

On 12/27/2015 01:57 AM, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> Thanks Marc. The drivers from the HP Enterprise site worked, although
> for Windows 95 I have been unable to get TCP/IP working. DHCP is not
> working and ping moans about a wrong protocol. It looks like I am
> missing VUDP.386 and I could not find it on the Windows 95 CD. I am
> pretty sure I have another CD with OSR2 somewhere, but I can't find
> it at the moment. Will have another look at some point, but I think
> the driver itself is just fine now.

For what it's worth, I use Win98SE as the minimum Win9x version on my
systems.  Many fewer bugs than 95 and the minidriver platform has a
degree of compatibility with NT/2K/XP.  I run a Linksys WMP-54GS
wireless PCI LAN adapter on 98SE, for example with no issues.

And I have a similar 98SE/XP/Debian K6 box using the 3C905-TX with no
problems whatsoever.

My phone screening software runs on 98SE on an old 400MHz Neoware VIA
thin client 24/7 and has been doing so for months.

Supposedly, WinME with appropriate patches is even more solid, but I've
never tried it.

FWIW,
Chuck