Microdata disk/tape images

Richard Swingwood richardswingwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:52:53 CST 2015

On 5 February 2015 at 21:19, Ian McLaughlin <ian at platinum.net> wrote:

> Long shot, but does anyone know of any available disk/tape/paper tape/ROM
> images for any of the Microdata machines (800/1600) or the relatives
> (Intertechnique Multi-8/Multi-4, MAI Basic Four BB-II)?
>
> There’s a bit of documentation available - Bitsavers has a bit, and I have
> some MAI documentation that I’m in the process of scanning.  I’m toying
> with the idea of emulating this machine, but I’m having difficulty locating
> any software for it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ian

I'm in the same boat though my interest is in the M1600 implementation of
Reality.  At one point I started a SIMH implementation of the 1600 CPU but
didn't get very far before the idea of trying a FPGA/Verilog solution took
over.  That has gotten a bit further but is not progressing very fast.

If you want to swap notes and ideas or even collaborate on an emulation
then I'd be happy to help (& be helped :)

Richard.