seeking quality tape recorder

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 12:55:50 CST 2015

> Not all recorders work equally well, especially
> with Commodore computers which use custom
> recorders and a sort-of-digital semi-square wave
> instead of 'normal' audio sine waves.
>
> A better quality recorder does not necessarily
> translate into a better chance of successful
> recordings.

Amazingly for computer data I have had a lot of
success with the Radio Shack CCR82 (the little one)
Mine needed a new drive belt after about 20 years,
but that it all that went wrong with it, and I even used it
with a PET (with a custom interface).

It's horrible for audio recording, of course..

-tony