Non-512-byte sector drive cloning?

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Wed Feb 11 16:47:27 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 04:56:57PM -0500, Cory Smelosky wrote:
>Before I go ANY further...I want to image the boot/microcode drives
>which aren't 512-byte sectors.  What's the best approach?

If you can dig up a DOS PC (FreeDOS should be fine but not an emulated or
virtualized DOS) with a SCSI adapter that's old enough to have a DOS ASPI
driver available, my PUTR.COM *should* be able to do it.  (Never tested
with non-512-b/s sectors, but it uses the sector size reported by the drive
rather than hard-coding for 512 so it should work.) www.dbit.com/putr and
the commands would be something like:

mount x: scsi1: /foreign
copy /file /dev x: image.dsk