Any PDP8 for sale..?

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:31:17 CST 2015

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp8/

> Until tonight, I never knew the processor was an 8008-1 cpu.  I've been
> studying that chip a little lately.

Where did you read that an 8008 was the main CPU of the PDP-8?

> I'd like to get a well-equipped system, but I hesitate to ask the price
> for the various pieces.

It seems as though the prices for various PDP-8s on eBay range from $1000
on up.

> I've been thinking of finding a PDP8 emulated in modern hardware as an
> alternative.

Besides those built for FPGA usage, there's also the SBC6120, as well as
software emulation like SimH and an OS X simulator.

Kyle