Repairing A4000 leaky NiCd damage?

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 04:31:23 CST 2015

Electrolytic and Tantalum Capacitors seem to be problematic on machines of a
wide range of ages. Sometimes it is obvious they have failed as the caps
have domed tops.
Some times its not so obvious  I would recommend a low-voltage ESR meter
that uses less than 0.6v so it doesn't turn on any diodes.

Dave
G4UGM