VT101 8085 CPU Fault

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 19 09:18:19 CST 2015

Sorry, I know, but the terminal controller board appears to be significantly different to the VT100, the VT100 does not use the 8085. I will have a read of the sections you indicate though.

> "Assuming there are no hard logic failures present on the board, "
> And yes the 8085 has a HLT instruction.
> Are the keyboard lights lighting up at all?

Some do, but not all, and I don't hear the beep from the keyboard. HLT is looking likely.

> If it *is* the ROM which is unlikely if it is a masked ROM, it might simply be
> lose in the socket you mentioned. It may be sufficient to wiggle the ROM
> slightly to break any oxide on the pins. Some sockets are notorious for allowing
> the chip to wiggle up due to heat and cooling down.
> Your ROM may simply be lose.

I will reseat the only socketed chip on the board to make sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Rob