VT101 8085 CPU Fault

sandy hamlet steemer at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 19 13:37:52 CST 2015

Using a scope, look at the address lines and/or data lines at power
up, just after system reset.
The pulses will probably vary in width but should all be the same amplitude.
If you see something like stair stepping: where a pulse starts out at
5 volts and drops, for example to 3 volts and then drops to 0 volts,
then you might have two devices trying to access the same line at the
same time.
Devices on the same line may include a ram, rom, I/O ports, etc.
This could cause the processor to "hang up" and act erratic.
A schematic of the board would be helpfull if you have one.

Sandy