MEM11 Status Update

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jan 22 10:44:14 CST 2015

    > From: Johnny Billquist

    > The KI10, which is the one that pops into my mind here, have a
    > different panel, as the cabinets are wider.

The KA10 had a mixture of narrow and wide cabinets. The two main CPU bays
were wide (as were the display panels at the top - the one I have is 48
lights wide), as was the MA10 (I think) and MF10 (pretty sure about that
one). Other bays (such as the DF10) were narrower (I think standard 19").

I didn't see much of KI10's, so I can't say for sure, but I suspect the same
was true of them: I'm pretty sure they used the same DF10, etc as the KA10.

	Noel

PS: Speaking of KI10's, does anyone know the story behind the bizarro images
of the 'KI10 Indicator Panels' in the DECsystem-10 System Reference Manual
(DEC-10-XSRMA-A-D; 3rd Edition, August 1974 - although other editions may
have them too), pg. F1-5? Were those just placeholders that got by editorial
control, or was that some sort of complicated in-joke?