Atari 800XL RF cable (and I/O cable availability?)

Alexandre Souza alexandre.tabajara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:09:10 CST 2015

> Yes, I think it will possibly work with my Commodore 1702, but I'm not
> sure if I have a suitable spare connector in the junk pile at the moment -
> plus it feels a bit weird using a Commodore display with an Atari :-)

    If it works, you're lucky (and use it)! :D

>>     Mostly impossible to find the connectors alone.
> Yeah, I figured it would be! If finding the genuine cables turns into a
> big deal, I suppose I could run some 13-way IDC cable out of the
> system/drive/850 cases and use DA15 connectors (there's enough clearance
> around the existing connectors to do so without harming anything), but it
> would be nice to find at least one real cable first and verify that my
> drives work.

    That is what I do here. I cut the SIO cable in half and use DA15
connectors to connect to a SIO2SD (or other devices, but hardly someone uses
anything beyond a SIO2SD in Brazil.

> ;-)  I like using real floppies for as long as I can, though!  One of the
> 1050 drives has some kind of speed-doubler widget fitted internally, so
> although I heard that the drives can be slow, that one might not be too
> bad.

    Well, some people pay to suffer :oD Kidding aside, it is great to use
disks! But in Brazil, 5 1/4 disks are rare and expensive now. I still use
them, but only in my Apple II :)

    And if someday you will to leave your 850 unit know a (too much) sunny
place called Brazil, let me know :D