Seeking an ECL monitor (preferably for a dimple-top Sun base) and Sun 3 Keyboard and Mouse

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:15:27 CST 2015

Someone has helpfully offered up a Sun-branded monochrome monitor with two
BNC inputs- video & sync- on the back.

I fear, however, that this is a greyscale monitor designed to work with one
channel on a *color* Sun 3 framebuffer, and not necessarily a monochrome
ECL output.

Can anyone confirm, or is it simply a matter of building a cable?

If this can be adapted using some similar circuitry to the ECL -> TTL
adapter mentioned, I might still go for it.

Forgive me for the noobish question, ancient video formats are not my
strong suite...

Thanks,

- Ian

--