VAX-11/750 registry (Was: Reviving a VAX-11/750)

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Jul 7 16:47:58 CDT 2015

On 2015-07-07 20:54, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> I'd vote for "big VAX" list.
>
>    I'd say any VAX with a UNIBUS, SDI, BI or XMI bus, at least, should qualify.  I think that would include all the 7xx, 6xxx, 8xxx, and 7xxx/10000 machines.  I don't really know what was in a 9000...

9000 is also XMI. Several of them, if I remember right. SDI on the other
hand is just a disk interface. I don't think it makes sense to include
that here, as SDI controllers existed for Qbus machines as well, meaning
we're now including almost everything but pizza boxes. :-)

>    BTW, is this list limited to machines that are in operable condition?

If you were to ask me, I would find it interesting to find even
inoperable ones. But on the other hand, I would probably abuse such a
list to try and collect a few more bits for the 8650 machines I'm
involved with. (More memory first and foremost.) Which might not be what
others think would be the purpose of such a list... :-)

(I'll also happily help anyone else who want to try and get an 86x0
machine running. There are a bunch of things people usually needs help
with if they are trying this.)

	Johnny