VAX-11/750 registry (Was: Reviving a VAX-11/750)

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 7 18:25:01 CDT 2015

On 07/07/15 23:06, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> I honestly don't have a good idea of what defines a "large" VAX. Buses
> feels unsuitable. Power connector maybe? :-)

If the intention is to avoid a huge list then excluding MicroVAXes and
VAXstations should produce a list of VAXen
that you probably cannot easily simply carry home on the bus.

That would unfortunately exclude the VAXstation 8000, which is pretty
rare AFAIK. It would also exclude the VAXstation I,
which I imagine is also relatively rare these days.

I don't think you can easily come up with a simple set of criteria based
on power connectors or buses or similar.

Perhaps "too big to hug" is what you really want :-)

Antonio