VAX-11/750 registry (Was: Reviving a VAX-11/750)

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Fri Jul 10 13:49:48 CDT 2015

On 7/10/15 10:10 AM, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> Alan Perry [aperry at snowmoose.com] wrote:
>> ... I was going to include a lot of 11/750-specific fields.
>> Does it have a Unibus expansion cabinet?
>    That would apply to all 7xx VAXes, as well as many of the 8xxx family.  I
> don't think any others had a UBA option, but I could easily be wrong.
That was just an example. I would like to keep track of system
configurations, running status, aspirations for running status, and
whatever else the folks who own these systems would like tracked.

>> What control store does it have?
>    I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.  Are you asking for the
> microcode revision?  That would also apply to pretty much all VAXes.
There were a variety of control store modules used in the 750.

http://home.claranet.nl/users/pb0aia/vax/750faq.html#pcs

>    What other questions did you have in mind?

The thing about volunteer efforts is that they are volunteer efforts and
subject to the whims of the people doing them.

alan