Fwd: How to disassemble the DEC PC05 puncher unit?

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Sun Jul 12 08:40:25 CDT 2015

Am 12.07.2015 um 14:40 schrieb Johnny Billquist:
> On 2015-07-12 13:55, Jörg Hoppe wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I have an broken DEC PC05 puncher unit here.
>> It seems the shaft which transfers motor power to the excenter mechanism
>> is broken in the inside.
>>
>> So i need to dissassemble the whole unit, but have no idea where to
>> start.
>>
>> I've read somewhere the mechanical puncher unit is not made by DEC but
>> by some other company.
>>
>> Is there any known documentation about the DEC PC05 puncher ?
>
> There are several manuals at bitsavers. Why didn't you even bother
> checking before posting?
> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/papertape/
Johnny,
of course I know the bitsavers manuals ... I'm living with them since
months. I'm not searching docs about the whole PC05, but about the
mechanical puncher unit inside. The only info about the puncher are 3
pages in DEC-00-PC0A-D_PC04_Manual.pdf with adjustments instructions,
extracted by DEC from some original documentation.
I'm searching for an explosive view and disassembly instructions.

The manufacturer of the puncher unit seems to be "Royal Typewriter",
still in existence. But I found no doc about their paper tape puncher.

Joerg