Fwd: How to disassemble the DEC PC05 puncher unit?

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Sun Jul 12 08:47:40 CDT 2015

On 2015-07-12 15:40, Jörg Hoppe wrote:

> Am 12.07.2015 um 14:40 schrieb Johnny Billquist:
>> On 2015-07-12 13:55, Jörg Hoppe wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   I have an broken DEC PC05 puncher unit here.
>>> It seems the shaft which transfers motor power to the excenter mechanism
>>> is broken in the inside.
>>>
>>> So i need to dissassemble the whole unit, but have no idea where to
>>> start.
>>>
>>> I've read somewhere the mechanical puncher unit is not made by DEC but
>>> by some other company.
>>>
>>> Is there any known documentation about the DEC PC05 puncher ?
>>
>> There are several manuals at bitsavers. Why didn't you even bother
>> checking before posting?
>> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/papertape/
> Johnny,
> of course I know the bitsavers manuals ... I'm living with them since
> months. I'm not searching docs about the whole PC05, but about the
> mechanical puncher unit inside. The only info about the puncher are 3
> pages in DEC-00-PC0A-D_PC04_Manual.pdf with adjustments instructions,
> extracted by DEC from some original documentation.
> I'm searching for an explosive view and disassembly instructions.
>
> The manufacturer of the puncher unit seems to be "Royal Typewriter",
> still in existence. But I found no doc about their paper tape puncher.

The manual actually states, as the first sentence of those three pages:
"This section contains adjustment procedures for the punch mechanism.
Additional information can be obtained from the _Roytron Maintenance
Manual_, which is supplied with each unit."

So, now you even know what company to look for. :-)

	Johnny