PDP-12 at the RICM

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:24:32 CDT 2015

On 13 July 2015 at 16:09, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>     > From: Rich Alderson
>
>     > PDP-12    12-bit word, PDP-8/i + LINC hybrid
>
> Err, DEC sold a PDP-8/LINC hybrid themselves (interesting machine, it's
> covered in one of the standard PDP-8 processor manuals), before the PDP-12
> came out; the -12 was basically a re-engineered version of the 8/LINC.
>
>         Noel
Yes, that's the LINC-8 (you nearly had the name right). Though Rich's
list was just of the machines that had "PDP-" in the name.

As an aside comment. Didn't the PDP-14 require a PDP-8 for setup? (An
OMNIBUS '8, so an /e, /f, /m, or /A if I recall right.)

Cheers,
Christian
--
Christian M. Gauger-Cosgrove