Chromatics on ebay

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Jul 23 19:08:46 CDT 2015

On 07/23/2015 2:15 PM, William Donzelli wrote:
>> That's just seller's remorse.
>>
>> It's obviously up to you, but I'd have strongly considered disputing it with
>> eBay as a seller refusing to honor the auction results is every bit as
>> bad (or even worse) than a buyer refusing to honor the auction result.
> I agree. Report him.
>
> Basic Ebay auctions are extremely easy to do - any idiot can do it.
>
> He had six days while he could review and make sure everything was OK,
> and revise the listing if and error was spotted.
>
> --
> Will

I had a buyers remorse back in 2006 where a very rare (only one or two
on the planet) vintage arcade game we were selling got something like
$4000 at the close. The buyer (call him B/R) pleaded with me to cancel
his bid as he said he accidentally typed the wrong amount in.

I agreed to cancel the auction.

The item ended up selling for around $750 to the person who was the
other bidder (call him O/B) who had bid it up to around $3995. However
O/B has since spent a fair bit of money at my shop and both participants
are nice guys.

What was interesting is the buyer (B/R) who backed out, had a garage
storage unit that he had forgotten about and the owner of the garage
contacted me after not hearing from B/R for many months sold me the
classic games at a very good price.

I ended up doing just fine as a result.

My 2 cents.

John :-#)#