Blue tape retainers

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue Jun 9 17:44:43 CDT 2015

On 6/9/2015 3:20 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I think the guess of being vinyl is probably bang on.  Latex would
> have long since degraded.
I asked a group who collect Political Memorabilia and make temporary
signs, and they suggested the term that I think hits the material.

The temporary signs are called "clingy decals" and that hits a number of
promising materials.

This site is a bit annoying but also discusses two types of cling.

http://www.signazon.com/vinyl-decal-vs-static-cling.aspx

I agree with you Chuck and Eric.  If I'd read his post about vinyl, I'd
have agreed with him and not mentioned latex.  The surface property is
like latex, but you are probably right, the material would have degraded
in ozone or other gasses.

thanks
Jim